Who are We?
I was 13 years old when on a Sunday morning during Children's Church I got under conviction during the preaching and realized I was lost and a sinner that needed to be saved. I didn't come forward during the invitation but the man of God preaching at the time told us to stay in our seat after dismissal if the Lord was dealing with us. I went up to him after the service and told him I needed to be saved. He took the Bible and led me to the Lord. I asked Jesus to come into my heart that day and he did.
During my teenage years, I didn't take serving the Lord seriously. I wanted to fit in and got into sin. I went to church with my family, but was far from the Lord. He never left me though and I couldn't be happy in my sin. When my wife and I married in 1999, the Lord put us in a good, Independent Fundamental, Baptist church and did a great work in our lives. It was there he called me to preach in 2003. Since then, the Lord has allowed me to pastor two small Baptist churches and graduate from Temple Baptist Bible College in Roanoke, Alabama. He has shown me through the years that he is always faithful to give me what I need. I will go to Uganda in his strength, not mine, for the battle is his.
My family was attending a summer revival when the Lord first dealt with my heart. I was soon to be 9 years old. On a Tuesday night during the revival, I went home under strong conviction. I had a hard time sleeping that night and knew I was a sinner on my way to Hell. The next night, I couldn't even sit and listen to the preacher it was bothering me so much. I went outside and cried. My Daddy came out and talked to me and he helped me understand the complete plan of salvation. I knew I needed to accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior and when the invitation was given, I came forward and asked the Lord to save me. My burden of sin was lifted and I was gloriously saved. I am so thankful the Lord deals with the hearts of children as well as adults!
My parents stopped attending church a couple of years later, and I, like my husband didn't take serving the Lord seriously and did a lot of things I am not proud of. The Lord has always had a plan for my life though and after we were married, he put us in a good church where we learned how to live separated from the world and how to serve the Lord. I have a great burden for the children's ministry since I was saved as a child. I graduated from Temple Baptist Bible College with a Bachelor's in Christian Education and have taught in a Christian School for 8 years. Over the years, the Lord has taught me the importance of prayer, maintaining a personal daily walk with him, and relying on him for the strength I need to serve him.
"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit and that your fruit should remain..." John 15:16
Statement of Faith
- We believe in the plenary, verbal inspiration, and the infallibility of the Scriptures. We believe the Word of God has been preserved without error in the King James Version.
- We believe in one eternal God that exists in the three persons of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is eternal, was begotten of the Holy Spirit, and was born of Mary, a virgin, and that he is truly God and truly man.
- We believe man was created in the image of God and that he sinned thereby incurring not only physical death but spiritual death as well. Man is born with a sin nature.
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins as our representative and all who believe on him are justified by his shed blood.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus and that he ascended into Heaven as our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in the personal, pre-millennial, pre-tribulation, and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and become children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just into everlasting life in Heaven and the everlasting punishment of the lost in the Lake of Fire.
- We believe in the local church, consisting of born again, baptized believers of which Christ only is the head. It was instituted by God and commissioned to evangelize the world.
- We believe that Scriptural Baptism is by immersion of those born again. It is an outward expression of an inward belief. Baptism and the Lord's Supper are the two ordinances given to the church.
- We are opposed to the modern day philosophies of Neo-Orthodoxy, Neo-Evangelicalism, the Ecumenical Movement, Hyper-Calvinism, and the Charismatic Movement.